2.06.2010

writing

tweet tweet

i started writing a lot again. some of it has to do with seeing great shows, some of it has to do with having a new notebook, some of it has to do with traveling (ride the L at 3am and see if nothing occurs to you), and some of it has to do with maggie gyllenhaal (saw crazy heart last night and my inner country songwriter reared it's dusty head).

i've spent a lot of time and energy over the past few years working on my voice, my guitar playing, my trios, and my record (and at least thrice as much time thinking about said vox/playing/band/album). now that the record's out of my hands in a lot of ways, that my chops have evolved a bunch, and that i've got some tools and talenteds set up to do my thing with, what else?

i've always kept a running titles list. i stop when ever one's falling out and take the time to pass the whole enchilada. i have a million scraps in a folder on "he'sbacbook". but i'm happy to be finishing complete lyrics. happy to have some guitar parts i'd play for 8 hours in a row without a worry it'll suggest the next section eventually.

i feel like i'm at the end of some time on a secluded martial arts island where my most difficult final pushes through training and patience are upon me and remembering to write is helping me find my way back around full circle and making me happy.

may i never stop writing again

tweet tweet

No comments: